Monday, June 22, 2009

Subtle Expression Training Tool (SETT)

I was looking through the search terms you visitors use to get to my blog, and I noticed several people searching for the Subtle Expression Training Tool (Sett). Developed by Dr. Paul Ekman, but unfortunately this software is unavailable at this time. I got an email from his office and it is expected to be released again around the end of the summer 2009.

It used to be available and it is really the next step beyond Microexpressions. It examines how the core emotions can be shown on only part of the face. They occur when an emotion is first beginning. They also occur when someone is trying to suppress any sign of how they are feeling. Recognizing true feelings is important to the craft.

One thing you can do now: When I got the software it came with Ekman's book listed below. This book is the basis of the training and all of the expressions and emotions you will be learning with the training tool is explained in detail. So if you cannot wait, I'd suggest getting a head start.

Share/Bookmark

0 comments: