Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kids are the Best Window into Feelings and Thoughts- The Marshmallow Test


The Marshmallow Test from Jérôme Magron on Vimeo.

Special thanks to the reader who sent this video, I haven't had a chance to thank you for your email because I've been on the road and very busy. Thanks, you are right it is perfect!

Those of you that have been reading my site for a long time, you have heard it a couple of times. Kids are the best study in body language, and feelings, and understanding what they are thinking. Kids have not learned to hide emotions and their thoughts like adults; they will after their parents tell them to tell Aunt Lois that the sweater they got for Christmas is, "really swell."

I have  four young nephews all under the age of 6, and it is really a blast for me to sit and talk to them.  They love me because it is not often that an adult actually asks them a few things about their day (besides the normal, what did you learn at preschool today).  Sure I have fun with it and so do they.

In the above video you can 'see' their thought process almost every second.  Imagine if you could do that with adults!  With a couple of years of practice and a clear understanding of the things I talk about on the right hand side bar (Be Like Me) you can see almost as much from the majority of the people you encounter on a daily basis. 

But for now, enjoy the video, a great example!◦
Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Keith D. said...

That is too cute! It is a brilliant video to watch. :)