Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Missing Woman, Janet Walters' Body Found


There are certain times when I know certain things about an incident but cannot release information via the website.  I'm occasionally emailed by someone from a news organization, a police department, or an attorney and asked to give a quick look and give them my impressions.  Most often the information I provide is used to formulate next steps and tactics. Living in the Indianapolis area I was very familiar with this case and would not release my comments about this case until her body was found.


Janet L. Walters, 44, was found about 4 p.m. Saturday in the back of her minivan in the employee portion of the Meijer parking lot at Heartland Crossing near Mooresville, Indiana. Walters had been missing since April 14.


Her husband, Gary Walters, was interviewed by several people including  the local media outlets. He made a public plea to help find his wife.  I first examined the footage of the husband on the Saturday before Easter Sunday,  some nine days after she was missing.  There is not a great deal of footage available of the husband's plea online, but you can see part of it by clicking here.


He does not feel the need to add to his plea for the public's help and his emotion is very real. 


He was not hiding anything and had nothing to do with her disappearance, or her death.  


My thoughts and prayers go out to Janet, and Gary and her entire family.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments: