Saturday, December 5, 2009

iPhone App Review: Body Lingo

I have the iPhone and have every Application related to the topics I cover on this site. Over the next couple of months, I will pick one of the Apps and give a review and let you know if I think it is Good, Bad, and/or Ugly!



Pros:

This is one of those Apps that you like to show your friends, it is really well done and sharp; the illustrations are great; the way it utilizes the iPhone roller picker is top of class; Careful thought has been put into the one or two sentence explanation of the gesture/action. They use the font colors (green for the description of the actions and orange for the emotion/feeling behind the action) and bold fonts to highlight key ideas. Easy to Use!

Cons:

While it covers all (about 40 or so)of the common gestures we see in everyday life if you already have a firm grasp of gestures and their meaning you will likely not be using the App as a reference tool.

I find myself using it to educate and others about gestures, eye direction clues, and the like. For instance, I was in a meeting with a bunch of people, after the meeting someone came up to me as I walking back to my office and asked why one person was biting their lip and what did it mean, as I was telling him I was also pulling up this App so they could see it for himself... every time I hand over my iPhone the person always looks through a couple of other gestures and their meaning.

Should you BUY, give it a TRY, find a LIE, or forget it in a BLINK OF THE EYE?

New to the field, BUY
Expert in the field, you might want to give it a TRY
With this App you can determine positive and negative emotions of gestures and if that does not match their words you might, find a LIE

I wouldn't forget this App in a BLINK OF THE EYE

It costs $0.99 cents.◦
Share/Bookmark

0 comments: