Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Michael Jackson's Doctor Speaks- Statement Analysis



One minute video: 10 seconds concerning the allegations.

"I have done all I could do. I told the truth and I have faith the truth will prevail. God bless you and thank you,"

In statement analysis, this is a classic case of telling the truth that only implies that he has done nothing wrong.

When statement analysis was first developed by Avinoam Sapir he examined initial statements of people who later confessed. What he found was in the initial statement(s) what they said, was not an untruth.

Looking into the linguistic behavior used by the doctor we see he is not not telling an untruth.

I have done all I could do. -Yes this is true and there is nothing else that can be done at this point.

I told the truth and I have faith the truth will prevail. -Yes this is true regardless of guilt of innocence, the truth will prevail.

If he had done nothing wrong wouldn't a more appropriate response be along the lines of:

"I have done nothing wrong."

"I did not administer drugs that were harmful to.."

"I did not prescribe drugs that were harmful to.."

"I was unaware of other doctor's prescriptions"

"I didn't do it"


Beyond the statement analysis, there are other nonverbal clues throughout the video.◦
Share/Bookmark

0 comments: