Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More to Love: Episode Four



Melissa and Lauren are sent home.

Wow are the producers/editors reading my blog?!?!? My techie is telling me there are a larger number of people from LA hitting the site. A larger part of my work is becoming consulting in the entertainment business so no biggie. I told him I didn't care and don't do the ip look up thingy...

Last week I made some big statements,

"They will be gone and they know it, Kristian and Danielle." I guess you can have a ring and still be gone, where was Kristian in this episode? Her minutes drastically cut!

and

"Where does Luke stand in all this? A big cardboard cutout could stand in for him." This week we see him emerge (slightly).

Onto the non verbals of this episode:

Good Wife/Bad Wife

Perhaps this clip will make it into some of my training materials. We have so much emotion. Role playing. Pacifying behavior. Subtle surprise. Truth. Head tilts. Shoulder shrugs. Eye movement. Non asymmetrical mouth positions. Sadness. Happiness and True smiles. Pursed lips. Eye direction clues. One shoulder shrug. Head tilts. Hand pointing. Social smiles. Nods. Anger. Face touching. Perverse pleasure at the expense of others pain. Watch and learn from this five minute clip showing more nonverbal and body language clues that I have ever seen in any reality TV show!




Greetings
Last week I mentioned, "Look at the greetings, it will be the best indication of the relationship. Excitement seen here is important."

Who wins?

Melissa's Greeting


Heather's Greeting


More Thoughts

Mandy clearly is showing much more emotion than she has this season. Luke is not an emotional guy, but I hear and see some things in this exchange that lead me to believe that Luke has a way to go:

- Luke does not show any emotion when she expresses 'calling a boyfriend' and shows non verbal clues that he is not planning on choosing her (sigh, mouth).
- Luke says, "It is going to get more difficult, not just for me, but for you" is a warning for her. Listen to the his voice. "not just for me" is said softer- it will not be as difficult for him as it will be for her.


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: