Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More to Love: Episode Five



The four remaining rings went back to Anna, Malissa, Mandy and Tali.

Two of them I picked the very first show to go the distance. I thought it might be nice to look back at what I said about their initial greeting with Luke:

You will see at least one of these people in the final... I am only commenting on their initial connection.

Malissa, He licked his lips when he saw her, he did this because he liked what he saw and subconsciously wanted to feel her touch on his lips... Luke also continued to shake her hand and this shows that he wanted extend physical contact.

Anna, he gave more than his social smile when she emerged from the car. As she was walking up the steps to go into the house, as he was watching her he subtly pursed his lips. Inward pursed lips can be a sign of stress, not wanting to speak, or not liking what they are hearing. In this particular example I believe it was a form of licking his lips, which is a sign of attraction.


Now this is interesting. Last week I mentioned this about Mandy:

Mandy clearly is showing much more emotion than she has this season. Luke is not an emotional guy, but I hear and see some things in this exchange that lead me to believe that Luke has a way to go:

- Luke does not show any emotion when she expresses 'calling a boyfriend' and shows non verbal clues that he is not planning on choosing her (sigh, mouth).
- Luke says, "It is going to get more difficult, not just for me, but for you" is a warning for her. Listen to the his voice. "not just for me" is said softer- it will not be as difficult for him as it will be for her.


She will not be the last one! Mandy will be ring less!


What I saw in this show.

For the first time Luke actually move forward to meet and greet someone, Malissa.



Luke shows a big smile at the lunch, at one point he bites his lower lip- this is a sign he wants to say more but is holding back. This is after he says nice things to Malissa so this is a sign he doesn't want to say more nice things ,but for some reason doesn't want to go on... One thing that is odd, Malissa has a hard time looking Luke in the eyes. When they were on the blanket, she was looking over his shoulder and past him. When Malissa gets back to the house she shows more happiness talking to the girls about their date than the happiness she showed on the actual date- this is a sign of something... it could be she simply wants to win and/or she only likes the idea of a boyfriend...

The seduction move of the episode goes to... Tali
They both are moving slightly to each other, but when she tilts her head it is an invitation for Luke. We do this naturally when we go in for the kiss and partners usually do it at the same time, by doing it sooner it was a big sign saying kiss me. If you really watch the video she actually does it more than once... each time with a little more tilt.



Fast forward to the mixer: Tali speaks to him unexpectedly outside. Later when he was sitting on the couch he states what happened tonight makes it all the more tougher for him. Tali played her cards right on the beach and in the garden, she was going to go home tonight but Luke cannot outright lie to her, because in the garden he reassures her to follow her heart and not to listen to the other girls in the house...

Going out on a limb, I'm sticking with the ones he initially saw something in- in the first greeting- either Anna or Malissa will walk away with a ring. I'd tell you who, but it would spoil it for you...◦
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Nik F. said...

LOVE your blog!

I have been following this show, and I am interested in the psychological responses more so than the reality TV entertainment...ok so I'm a little bit of a reality show junkie :o)

My hunch is that Malissa will be the winner aka girl of Luke’s heart (just wanted to point out that Mal = Bad; in case you missed that). However, I think you are right on the money on her behavior towards him. What's up with her looking away and not in the eye? Perhaps she is afraid to get hurt and this is her defense, or maybe this is a sign of something else? I noticed how she immediately gloated to the other girls, and made the comment, "I didn't want to tell you guys that we had a great date, but..."
So don't Badlissa. And while you're at it, contradict yourself with that BUT...come on...you really wanted to tell them. Otherwise, you wouldn't have.

Aaaah...is she just in it for the game or does she like Duke... I mean... Luke.

Anonymous said...

One thing to remember, though--these shows are all edited at the will of the show's producers, and the reactions you see are not always chronological reactions--sometimes they use shots from COMPLETELY different time frames and situations to build their story. I have a family member in the business...Reality TV is not reality!

However, I would love to hear your take on the whole ridiculous Bachelorette bru-ha-ha. The dude she chose does all the classic liar-things with body language, facial expressions, etc...yet so many still believe that he's innocent of all the claims that he's been lying all along.

John said...

I very much agree with your comment that 'Reality TV is not reality!'

I see it in every show, I choose not to call out the producers on every little thing.

For instance, go back and watch the the last 10 minutes of episode four and watch Kristian- she knew she was not going home, she was all smiles...

I contributed to the Bachelorette bru-ha-ha but it was how she acted that clued me into problems three shows before the final, http://www.spyingforlying.com/2009/07/jillian-harris-bachelorette-will-not.html