Saturday, January 30, 2010

Colts vs Saints and Body Language

MINNESOTA VIKINGS AT NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Are you ready for the Super Bowl! If you have been visiting for several months you might remember a post where I let it be known I'm from Indiana and I'm a big Colts fan.

Why am I saying all this now, and what does this have to do with body language?

Everything. To find out why check out a previous post, Body Language in Sports.

I also attended Purdue University so I am very familiar with Drew Brees. (My first experience with body language was with Dr. Mark L. Knapp when he taught an undergraduate class at Purdue University on nonverbal communication, where I was a communication major. I have to admit it did not make a huge impression on me at the time and if we ran into each other on the street I doubt we'd both know each other, other than perhaps a flicker of recognition. The funny thing was, the things I learned in his class obviously stuck with me.)

Denver Broncos v Indianapolis Colts

I've watch both quarterbacks for years, and I even went back and looked at college game film.

Why am I telling you this all now, you ask...

To not give either team an unfair advantage, the Sunday of the big game I will have my most exciting and explosive post.

I will break down the two quarterback's body language giving you a better than chance odds that you will be able to predict if it is a pass or a run.

Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring on more of this kind of communication. How about pitchers? Fast ball, curve ball, slider, going to first?