Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jillian Harris, Bachelorette Will Not Marry...Doomed

2009 Disney & ABC Television Group Summer Press Junket




BURBANK, CA - MAY 30: TV personality Jillian Harris from the television show 'The Bachelorette' attends the 2009 Disney & ABC Television Group summer press junket at the Walt Disney Studios on May 30, 2009 in Burbank, California. (Photo by David Livingston/Getty Images)

One thing I can count on, like clockwork, my wife and daughter will faithfully make sure that I'm sitting in front of the TV when The Bachelorette is on. It is probably the one tangible thing they like and get out of my abilities of reading people.

From the first greeting to the last rose ceremony I'm asked all along the way, "Is that true," "Does he love her," and stuff like, "Will it work out."

With the editing on a show like this, you see more clues and emotions in a short amount of time and you are able to guesstimate 60-75% of the time what is really going on.

HERE IS THE SAD TRUTH, She will not marry ED!!!

Watch it again online! The clearest signal that I saw of Jillian's true feelings is with each and every kiss (except for one at the rose ceremony) with ED she physically backed away from his kiss with her upper body and she angled her face and shoulders away from Ed immediately after the kiss. It is what anthropologists call "angular distance." By turning farther away to right or left reveals how someone truly feels about someone else.

When I first saw this I knew what was up. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and examined it in the context where some sort of love could exist: For example maybe she was doing this to play hard to get so he might get a tad more "fire" below in ED; or so she could play with us and trick us into guessing she'd pick the other guy... I was trying to ignore the gesture clusters that clearly stated, she wasn't that into him... Maybe... Then I saw it several more times AFTER the rose ceremony. It is written all over her body language.

In the long line of failed relationships brought together by a silly concept, another will bite the dust. If you know of some off shore betting establishing taking bets on this, let me know...◦
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you interpret her body language with Reid.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm not the blogger, but I'm going to post a comment about Reid and Jillian's body language anyway, because for some reason, I have been unable EVER to post on the ABC/Bachelorette message board, no matter how many times I enter my user name and password. Although, given all the hate being spewed over there between the Union (Reid) and Confederate (Ed) sides of the Civil War in Bacheloretteville, perhaps that's for the best.

Expanding on this blogger's take on body language, I think the debate comes down to those who believe what they see vs. those who believe what they hear. I'm a visual learner, so I look for visual cues. Words lie. Actions don't. At least that's been my experience; I DO respect if someone has a different perspective. So, from that visual perspective, what I SAW with Reid and Jillian was electrifying. He stole her heart when they had dinner on that ice cap. When she flipped up his hood and he flipped up hers and they put their heads together and no one could see them kissing, talking and laughing in relative privacy...priceless. And for the auditory learners in the crowd, he was the only one, as far as I ever heard, to whom she gave a nickname. She even called him "Babe" at the Final Rose Ceremony. If that didn't give Ed pause about the feelings of his future bride, he's a bigger man than most. Although maybe it did shake him a bit; the after-show will be played out in private. Yet for someone who was listening to verbal cues, those images of Reid and Jillian together -- even along with the auditory evidence -- were not convincing. They HEARD Ed expressing his love, even if the actions didn't always match the words or when their interactions seemed a little off or contrived -- as the blogger noted. Conversely, when Reid fans (or anyone who is more visual) measured what they SAW between Jillian and Ed vs. what they SAW between Jillian and Reid, they found the Jillian/Ed connection lackluster by comparison.

Jillian would seem to be an auditory learner. She needed the verbal reassurance -- and she chose the one man who gave that to her early and often.

I know Ed fans just don't get why Reid's fans are so adamant on the point that she did love him, that they were NOT hallucinating this entire season and that she took the "safe" route, using her "list" and fairy tale script instead of taking a chance.

I can say as someone who has no vested stake in Jillian and Ed's life that I wish them the very best, even while fearing this is another match made on reality TV that is destined to crash and burn. In just several days since the taping of the After the Rose Show and their interviews today, their engagement has been extended by as much as 6 months. "Picking the winner" in this situation isn't really something to gloat about (that would be a note to rabid Ed fans), given the percentage of couples from this show who don't even last a couple months, let alone go the distance. Statistically, those who were proven "wrong" last night might have been "right" in the long run if the decision had gone the other way. Or...they (note to rapid Reid fans) may have been wrong, too. :-) Not saying. Just saying.

I hope this blogger gets back to us with an impression of Reid and Jillian's body language -- because it seemed to me that his response to the original question on the message board was about Kiptyn, not Reid.