Thursday, September 10, 2009

Andre Bauer, South Carolina's Lieutenant Governor Rumor that He is Gay



While I agree with the Lieutenant Governor that it is a silly question; and the rumor and the validity of it normally would not have bearing on being good at your job... Unfortunately when you choose to be a politician everything becomes fair game. I'm not from South Carolina and do not know what party either the Lieutenant Governor or Governor Sanford are from. I do know they both are slinging stones at each other. Good ole Politics...

When asked about rumors about the gay "smear" campaign he says, "I don’t really think a proper question. I think it’s a little bit ridiculous and it’s sad that politics has gotten to that. But if somebody had a question I didn't have a problem going ahead and hearing it and getting it out of the way because I don't want it to linger, much like this other problem is lingering. I want to move forward. I want to talk about real issues, how to get improved job growth. How you get education to a better level than it is now, how you fix the budget problem that we've got — not continue to dwell on some silly question in the first place. … [By answering the question] I sure hope it ends the issue. … I don't want to continue to have to hear about it."

What he doesn't do is answer the question, this is an area of concern to me.

In fact he states, "But if somebody had a question I didn't have a problem going ahead and hearing it and getting it out of the way because I don't want it to linger, much like this other problem is lingering." where he only says he is willing to hear it but doesn't say he will address or answer it.

I am wondering how he will avoid the question from lingering if he does not address it at some point?◦
Share/Bookmark

0 comments: