Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My football team won! but I'm bummed...

Indianapolis Colts v Miami Dolphins

MIAMI - SEPTEMBER 21: Quarterback Peyton Manning #18 of the Indianapolis Colts throws a pass against the Miami Dolphins at Land Shark Stadium on September 21, 2009 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Doug Benc/Getty Images)

Living in the Indianapolis area for the last decade+ automatically makes me a Colts fan.

Their success has taken it's toll on my sleeping schedule: too many night games as the NFL wants them in prime time television, probably because of the popularity of Colt's Quarterback Peyton Manning.

So last night I had a plan- I am an early riser, it is how I can post here and still work during the days- I'll tape it from half time on... this way I can fast forward though the commercials. PERFECTION.

I got up extra early, headed downstairs, checked my email really quick -to make sure there wasn't a pressing emergency consulting job arriving from overseas... they usually are crime related so I do them ASAP- and as I'm doing this...

My wife gets up and asks, "What are you doing up so early?"

I respond, "I taped the last part of the game last night, going to watch it this morning."

"Do you want to know what happened?" She Asks!

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!!

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!

SHE ASKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am nearly crying!!!!!!!

From her tone when she asked the question, I already did. Even though it was subtle, I knew.

For an experiment say the question she said to me a few times, ask once if you knew the Colts won; lost; do not really know...

Remember the warnings I have given before, "Do you really want to learn about this stuff? Because once you learn it you cannot unlearn it!"

I still watched it, it would have been a better win for me had I not known the result because they were down for almost the entire game and the offensive wasn't on the field hardly at all. I do like the Miami wildcat offensive and thought they were going to beat us with it... it will be interesting to see it at the college level, incorporating it with the option...
Share/Bookmark

0 comments: