Saturday, October 24, 2009

Priest Found Slain in Rectory of His N.J. Church



October 24, 2009 The 61-year-old Roman Catholic priest Ed Hinds was found in his clerical robes in the rectory kitchen at about 8 a.m. Friday after he failed to appear for morning Mass.

Please notice the Bishop being interviewed at about 45 seconds into the news story. I find his lack of emotion (grief, sadness, etc) to be a bit unexpected. I also find it odd how he shakes his head no right after he states that he is anxious to find out the circumstances of his death. I would only expect such a business like tone to be from someone who did not know him, which could be the case here, but you'd still think there would be some emotion, perhaps fear or anger that a murder has taken place on church property?!?! The neighbor who mentions that he saw him walking his dog every morning does show emotion, I would expect to see at least subtle versions of the same emotion the neighbor shows from anyone from the church.

In no way am I inferring he had something to do with the murder, this is a hot spot, whereas if I was the investigator I would ask him about his seemingly lack of emotion to gain more information.◦
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bishop has probably attended more deaths in his career than the average hospice nurse, because one of the things that Roman Catholic priests do is administer "last rites" to the dying. I don't find his lack of emotion to be unexpected at all.

Anonymous said...

I would expect that the Bishop has been trained to deal emotionlessly with the press. Priests and the Catholic Church are far more sophistocated than people assume on first blush.