Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Big Thank You to "Lie to Me"

Summer TCA Tour - Day 10

I'm so excited about the new season, and thank you for the gestural Easter eggs!

Here is one of them...


Watch Torres' tongue, she does a 'tongue jut' after being scolded by Lightman.

In this case it means I did something foolish or wrong.

It can have other meanings depending on the context: I got caught, gleeful excitement, I got away with something, I am naughty, or in this case I did something foolish.◦
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Eyes for Lies said...

Couldn't it also mean that "I got food stuck from lunch between my two front teeth?"

Jacob said...

First, I love that Eyes posts comments here. One note to Eyes, though: I think if you worded your comments a little bit differently they could give the impression of adding more useful information instead of the slightly critical tone they have now. That's really a minor point, though.

Second, these "easter eggs" are all over the episodes in season 2. When I re-watch episodes (pausing and frame-by-frame at times) I always find some gestures, body language, and facial expressions that I didn't see the first time. I think it's awesome the director isn't pointing out each and every clue explicitly. It's almost like a training video.